ISSUING NEW GIFT CARDS
Android will only allow you to select pre-made dollar amounts, ie: $50, $100, $150, etc. This isn’t the end of the world but it may be one more reason to invest in an iPad.
This is how we can use old (lightspeed) gift cards on the iPhone/ pos:
1. In the product search, type “gift card”
2. Click “custom Amount"
3. Click “enter code manually"
4. Finish sale
If the customer has an email or phone number attached to his or her account, they will be automatically sent an email with the card number and barcode. The physical gift card is more symbolic as Shopify doesn’t recognize UPC barcodes.
RINGING THROUGH EXISTING GIFT CARDS
In teams there is a file called “Existing Gift Cards.xls”. ALL existing gift cards purchased in Lightspeed POS will be listed in alphabetical order by last name. Use this to cross reference existing gift cards.
1. Open up spread sheet, search customer. Confirm amount.
2. The farthest column to the right is titled SPENT.
3. When checking the customer out, use “prior gift card” or “prior Store Credit” as payment type (I created both)
USING GIFT CARD AS PAYMENT
This can only be done on Shopify POS App (Android or iPhone)
open the Shopify POS App (Purple icon)
ring sale as you normally would.
Click “Charge $XXX.XX”
Click Gift Card.
If the customer has the QR code saved on his/her phone scan it now. Otherwise enter code manually and click “Redeem”.